Exhibitions have the potential to offer a good return on investment – but only if you know how to grab the interest of the passing footfall.
Making the most of your exhibition stand involves focusing on two key things:
- Attracting visitors to your stand
- Interacting with them once they are there. If you get it right you can expect new connections, increased conversions and plenty of new business leads.
However, every stand at the exhibition will be trying to do the same. So, how can you stand out?
- Attractive stand design: A stand with spectacular design features can be more attractive than any gimmick. Many design companies focus solely on conveying information. They don’t think about attracting attention. Bold colours and innovative lighting can help to draw people to you.
- Leverage event hashtags on social media: Social media can be a big help in driving attendees to your space. Every event has a hashtag associated with the corresponding conference, expo or gathering, and that participants and potential clients alike will be looking at it. If you’re unsure of the hashtag, check out the event’s social media account, or reach out to the coordinators you were in contact with earlier to book your space. Then, before the big day arrives, begin posting about how you will be exhibiting at the event. Include your booth number in any posts using the event’s hashtag. Building momentum ahead of time will help you warm up the room and get a feel for who will be there. Also be sure to join conversations around the hashtag during and after, too.
3. Capture attention with video: A video on the stand will attract visitors and tell the story of your company, your product launch, your history and your plans for the future. You could even give the film out on branded USB sticks with pre-loaded marketing and sales information and contact details for your team.
And the fourth tip…
4. Get your iPad out: Technology and gadgets not only help attract visitors to your stand, they can also be a great way of gathering contact details, completing surveys and demonstrating your products. People are far more likely to leave their contact details on an iPad or tablet than a long paper form.
Looking to create a video but unsure of where to begin? From consulting and guiding you on the right approach to concept creation, scripting the video, producing it, taking care of all the logistics up until editing, post production and delivery of the final video file, we take care of everything for you. Give us a shout!